FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES
Welcome to the Dynamic World of Family and Consumer Sciences!
Family and Consumer Sciences Education prepares students for personal and family life across the life span as they manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. The program focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships. Family and Consumer Sciences education prepares students for family life, work life, and career by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills attitudes,and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in a diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Obtaining entry level positions (providing the foundation for further training/education and advancement) in family and consumer sciences careers and other related careers
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family and work life.
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) was first established in 1921. NHS was established to recognize outstanding high school students. NHS is more then an honor roll, NHS honors to serve those who have demonstrated excellence in Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Community. Today, more then one million students across the country participate in NHS activities.